|Technical Systems Engineer – Server, Cloud & Messaging|
Acora has 25 years’ experience of delivering a range of IT support and Microsoft-centric, business software and cloud solutions to help mid-market organisations modernise their IT so they can compete and win in the digital economy.
Acora is the UK’s number-one managed service provider also ranked in the top five globally, it serves mid-market customers (500-5,000 users) across the world in a wide range of industries and sectors with over 300 clients by our side and as champions of premium experience-led IT Services, we stand ready to challenge our industry and the status quo. Acora has its Head Office in Burgess Hill, West Sussex as well as other locations in the UK and globally including Bletchley, London, Solihull, Bath, Cape Town and Kuala Lumpur. We have recently joined forces with Secrutiny and Computer Service Centre taking our total group staff numbers to over 500 and adding Bournemouth, Newbury and Norwich to our office locations.
To provide the mid-market with an outstanding customer experience through innovation and great people and become the leading provider of IT services within 4 years.
At Acora, we’re proud to share the values we live by. They’re not dusty abstract concepts. Our values define our culture: they act as a promise to our customers and a constant challenge to ourselves, both as individuals and as a team, to be Game-Changers.
- Be the best you can be
- We do what we say
- Together we win
|Working as part of Acora’s Tech Centre and reporting to the Technical Delivery Lead, this is a professional services role predominantly delivering technical implementation in core skill areas, technical expertise, and engineering support to a portfolio of contracted services or project customers.
Specifically, the team will deliver Acora’s implementation services, with a focus on:
• Delivery of high-quality implementation service working to a defined solution owned by Acora’s Architecture team. This will include, but is not limited to:
• Attend project kick-off meetings
• Support in conduct Joint Verification (JV) with the customer relevant to the project scope
• Support in the production of high-quality customer-facing low-level designs (LLDs) / Scope of Works (SoWs)
• Implementation of technical solutions in accordance to approved design documentation
• Collaborate with project management team to drive quality and timely delivery of solutions
• Operating in strict adherence to ITIL framework, including change control and problem management
• Providing support to colleagues across the Tech Centre and acting as a point of escalation for the wider service operations teams
• Deliver other professional services to customers either remotely or on site. This takes a variety of forms including:
• Training customer IT teams
• Interim/backfill support
|• Produce high quality, customer-facing solution documents in line with Acora deployment, monitoring and QA standards which will be owned throughout project delivery
• Create JV templates for the core technology area and utilise them to deliver consistent output
• Demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness, focussing on proactivity and efficiency, and constructively challenging decisions that cost money
• Lead by example, ‘living and breathing’ the technologies in the core area and using that enthusiasm to drive changes in either process or product.
• Deploy all technologies in accordance to approved designs and with the company’s technical standards documentation, agreed best practice standards (including external accreditations) and our project management framework. This is particularly critical in the disciplines of Change Management and Service Introduction. Certain deployments are expected to require evening or weekend work.
• Provide support to Sales in your technical stack throughout the Pre-Sales process and be credible as an expert in your field, working in partnership with customers to advise and deliver technology solutions that best meet their business objectives and/or overcome problems.
• Work in partnership with customers to advise and deliver services-led technology solutions that best meet their business objectives and/or overcome problems.
• Proactively recommend improvements to customer systems and Acora processes that would benefit both the customer and Acora.
• Create high quality deployment, monitoring and QA standards/installation guides, work instructions, key customer documentation and maintain CMDB/asset information.
• Maintain your skill levels in the core technology set to a satisfactory minimum standard through a combination of self-study, company provided training and external courses.
• Proactively manage your diary of upcoming work to drive efficiency and minimise non-chargeable time
|• Microsoft O365 suite, including:
Exchange Online migrations (on-premise to cloud, hybrid and tenant-to-tenant)
Enterprise Mobility Suite (Azure AD, MFA, Intune, AIP, ATP, Conditional Access)
OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams
• Microsoft Azure (IaaS/PaaS), including:
Azure AD identity services and permissions/role management
Core Azure IaaS resource deployment and configuration (VM, VNet, Storage Accounts)
Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery
• Microsoft Server 2012 and 2016, including:
Active Directory deployments and migrations (on-premise and hybrid)
Common Roles (RDS, DFS, DHCP etc)
Implementing and managing complex GPOs, enterprise-level Forests and Trusts
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 to 2019, including;
Hybrid configuration and management
Migration to O365
Database high availability (DAG) deployment and management
• Microsoft Windows 10, including:
Device imaging and driver injection
Device automation/deployment (Autopilot, Intune)
Your core strengths and technical experience should be in Technical Systems Engineer – Server, Cloud & Messaging technologies, but an understanding of the following will be significantly advantageous:
Shared Storage (NetApp, EqualLogic)
VDI (Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop)
Network Switching and Routing (Cisco, Dell, HP)
Firewalls and Security (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto)